Monday, June 8, 2009

Roger Federer deserved this win!!



I am so psyched about Roger winning. Yes, we are on a first name basis. Although I was a bit disappointed at how Robin Soderling played this match. I'm not so sure he played his A-game but Roger certainly did! He won the match, 3-0. Can you believe that? Three to Love? Soderling scored nothing. He almost caught up on the second and third set though... almost. Roger nailed 16 aces even my brother could not believe it. Oh well, French Open 2009 IS for Roger Federer! He became the sixth man to win all Grand Slam titles! Another one of my all-time favorites, Pete Sampras won his 14th Grand Slam at age 31, Roger is only 27. I guess he'll up Sampras by a little bit more titles in the future.

I guess this one's a bit too fanatic. This guy leaped out of the crowd and ran up to Federer! Crazaay.
(Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images)

Roger Federer was emotional after winning his first Roland Garros and his 14th Grand Slam Title. Man, you are the best!
(Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)

Roger Federer holding up his 14 Grand Slam Trophies.
(From L to R ) Wimbledon 2003, Australian Open 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, Australian Open 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, Australian Open 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2008 and 2009 and French Open 2009.
(Photo credit should read AFP/AFP/Getty Images)

Andre Agassi was present at the awarding ceremony and was the one who handed Roger Federer his Championship trophy. I think Agassi was looking great as ever! It was emotional and sweet how tears streamed down Roger's face. We waited long for this win! He may not have won this championship against Nadal but it wasn't his fault, Nadal lost earlier than expected in the tournament. Roger Federer deserved this win! I defended this fact to my brother who kept on saying that it would be a much better match and much deserved win if it was Nadal he defeated. Yes, it might be a better match but it does not necessarily mean that it would be a much deserved win. Nadal lost! Nadal lost against Soderling and now Federer defeated Soderling. It is a very much deserved win! My brother said nothing after that. I know that he knows Federer played amazingly well throughout the tournament. He was even surprised with how many aces Federer nailed during this championship match alone. I guess his pregnant wife brought him moooooooooore inspiration. :)

The Winning Scores:

Federer 6 7 6
Soderling 1 6 4

Can't wait for Wimbledon and US Open!

4 comments on "Roger Federer deserved this win!!"

Maria@Conversations with Moms on June 9, 2009 at 12:25 AM said...

I loved watching his reaction when he won. He just fell on his knees and got teary eyed. So cute. I loved watching how happy he was.

Marlene on June 9, 2009 at 2:47 AM said...

I've just read about the Federer and Söderling match. It's kind of a loss for Sweden. But I'm excited about Björn Borg's presence in the game, hehee. Congrats for your bet. Yes, Federer deserves the master's cup.

ian on June 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

it broke my heart watching him cry during the aussie open this january past. but to see him cry in the awarding ceremonies in roland garros, especially as the moment probably sank in during the national anthem- it was priceless! my gosh. he's really on his way to becoming THE world's best ever. onward to 'slam 15! and probably all 'slams in one year in 2010! yeahyeahyeah! =]

sir rob on November 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM said...

I watched this on the big screen. I am Fedex long time follower. In fact, you can see it in my personal blog. LOL

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez