Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nadal withdraws from 2009 Wimbledon and a few other updates.



I am not a big fan of Rafael Nadal but it's bad that he won't be defending his Wimbledon title this year. World number 1, Rafael Nadal, withdrew from Wimbledon Friday night after the Men's draw earlier that day. 
"He was diagnosed with tendinitis in both quadriceps tendons as well as a small amount of fluid on the kneecaps."

I think it's sad. Again, it would be more glorious if he would lose and Roger Federer would re-claim his Wimbledon title after losing it to Nadal last year. But health should come first and Nadal has decided to get better first.


Moving on, I previously joined a contest over at Gems by Jerri, my first time to enter any contest since the start of my blogging, and just today I joined my second one over at Tired Mama, she will be giving away an iPod Shuffle and a $20 iTunes gift card. One entry if you comment on her post (that is if you have honestly did some exercise for the day), another entry if you Twit about it and another one if you sign up to the website indicated on her post. Since I don't have a Twitter account, the next best thing is posting about her contest here. I don't know if this will count but I hope it will. If not, I still have one very hopeful entry praying to be drawn as the winner. :) PLEASE LET ME BE THE WINNER. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! IT WOULD BE NICE TO RECEIVE A GIFT. :) :) :)

Aside from the Wimbledon update that I have and another contest that I have joined, today is going to be another eventful day for me. I will be out tonight to celebrate one of my dear friend's birthday. Well, his birthday is actually tomorrow but he'll be having his party tonight. His birthday has become quite a tradition every year and this one is especially meaningful because this is the first that all of us are college graduates, meaning this party would be sort of like a reunion too. Exciting! More exciting is that I am tasked to invite ALL our friends to attend. As if I didn't see that one coming. Them guys always ask me to either be the events coordinator or the treasurer or most of the time even both. At least they have something to say about me in my eulogy! It's a little exhausting because he only told me about it yesterday afternoon while I was blog hopping and trying to finalize my ideas for my new blog. 

By the way, I am still open for suggestions about my new blog. Wordpress or Typepad? How to monetize? Theme? Title? Button/Badge? La La La La La La La.

2 comments on "Nadal withdraws from 2009 Wimbledon and a few other updates."

Maria@Conversations with Moms on June 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM said...

I was wondering if you were going to cover the other Opens. I guess this answers my question.

I use and like Wordpress. I find it has all the features I need.

As to how to monetize...That's a good question. I am really not one to give advice on this since I haven't really made any money with my blog.

Friendz on June 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM said...

HI..thanks for sharing

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez