Monday, June 1, 2009

Reigning champions dethroned!



Quick French Open Update:

I am quite torn on whether to feel happy or disappointed that Rafael Nadal, the number 1 seed lost to Robin Soderling, the 23rd seed on the 4th round of the tournament last night (Philippine time).

The guy who dethroned Nadal: Robin Soderling posing after winning against the reigning champion of Roland Garros for 4 years, Rafael Nadal. (PHOTO / CYRILLE CADET (Photo credit should read CYRILLE CADET/AFP/Getty Images)

 I was kind of hoping that it would be a match between my bet, Roger Federer and Nadal again but well, Nadal lost! Okay, now I guess I am more happy than disappointed. At least this French Open we would see someone new playing against Federer on the Finals (yes, I am so positive that Federer would go all the way to the Finals). However, another one of the defending champions of the Roland Garros and one of my bet in the Women's lost last night, Ana Ivanovic to Victoria Azarenka (9). Now, I'm down to Jankovic to win the 4th round later and for Safin to win in the Q-F's.

Bye-bye you two.
Rafael Nadal (left) and Ana Ivanovic (right) waving after losing their respective matches with Soderling and Azarenka. (AFP PHOTO / BERTRAND GUAY (Photo credit should read BERTRAND GUAY/PATRICK KOVARIK/AFP/Getty Images)


Since it's French Open season, I am telling you friends that this is what you will most likely read here in my blog for the past few days and a couple other random things about my day. Don't worry, French Open would end on June 7. 6 more days to go and I am back on my usual every day raves and rants about almost anything. :) But for now, tennis, tennis, tennis, tennis!! 

Later today, my bets Federer (2), Roddick (6) and Jankovic (5) will play against Haas, Monfils (11) and Cirstea respectively. Win win win! :) I don't really sound that into tennis, am I? LOL.

2 comments on "Reigning champions dethroned!"

Maria@Conversations with Moms on June 2, 2009 at 12:59 AM said...

Sometimes I like seeing an underdog win unexpectedly. It makes for an exciting game.

Glynis Peters on June 2, 2009 at 1:09 AM said...

It is nice to see changes in the game, it keeps them on their toes!

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez