Sunday, May 31, 2009

I made my own pair of slippers and some tennis.


Slippers first, it is once again Make Your Own Havaianas event in the Rockwell Tent that started May 28 and will end tomorrow June 1. I was there early during the first day but still not early enough to get in front of the already long line when we got there. It was only 9 AM and the line is already super long. The door opened at 11 AM and we got in by 12 and got out with our pairs at 2:30 PM.

The people inside. There are only a certain number of people allowed inside hence the super long line outside.

With Anna and the line of many people behind us. If you look very closely, you could see heads until the very very back and they're standing.

That's my hand holding up the pairs Anna and I made. Mine's the one on the left and the other one is Anna's.

I wanted to make 3 more pairs. One with the red sole and metallic light golden strap, olive sole and metallic light golden strap, and blue sole and yellow strap. Dang being bankrupt!


I am watching tennis right now, Nadal(1) vs. Soderling(23), and I am all smiles cos Nadal's down 1 game to love. Woot woot! Although it would be cool if Federer and Nadal play for the championship. :) 

About Simon and Beck, they lost during the third round. Simon has this injury in his right knee and he wasn't playing well because of it. Good thing Roddick is still in and of course, Federer. In the women's singles, I am rooting for Ivanovic and Safina.

Can't wait for the final day!! :)

3 comments on "I made my own pair of slippers and some tennis."

royassure on June 1, 2009 at 2:16 AM said...

Nice looking slippers you made there.

Marlene on June 1, 2009 at 7:02 AM said...

You made your own "tsinelas"! I miss wearing a pair of these, sooo comfy. I bought one pair when I was in Davao two years ago so I have something to wear in summer here. :-)

Tina on June 5, 2009 at 5:11 AM said...

that looks like a great thing to do. the shoes are great!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez