Sunday, June 7, 2009

French Open 2009 Women's Champion: Kuznetsova


Dinara Safina didn't exactly win in the Finals against Kuznetsova. Okay, okay. And... I was not able to watch the game last night, not really anyway. I don't know. I was stuck here staring at my laptop screen the entire night while watching the Live Score of the game. I'm weird. Based on the scores that I've seen last night, I'm pretty sure Kuznetsova played good (I'm really avoiding saying Safina didn't play as hard). The match only lasted 2 sets with 6-4 6-2. Yeah, I'm okay. Safina could be high-tempered sometimes when she plays and I could imagine her losing focus and all so this was pretty expected.

Svetlana Kuznetsova hugging her French Open Championship trophy after winning against Dinara Safina during the Finals yesterday, June 6.
(Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)

Now, what I am totally looking forward to is tonight's Men's Finals! I know Federer kind of sucked in clay court and lately he's getting this habit of making the match last until the last set which always almost gives me a heart attack but I am hoping he will win this French Open! The match will start 9PM (Philippine time) / 3PM (Paris Time). This is most likely the highlight of my week and I would stay up, however late it is and sleepy I am, just to watch it. :)
And most importantly, this is going to be the last time (for a while) you'll read about me talking about tennis until Wimbledon starts again. Haha! Exciting!

5 comments on "French Open 2009 Women's Champion: Kuznetsova"

Maria@Conversations with Moms on June 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM said...

First match won and Federer is winning so far in second. Not that I have to tell you.

Mara on June 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM said...

Now it's 2-0. Ooooooh he is gonna win this!! :D
But I'm disappointed with how Soderling is playing. He was so good. My brother even said this doesn't look like it's the Finals. Grr!

ian on June 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM said...

mara! it's 61-76-53 now as i comment. soderling serving, 15-0.

it's the year of the federer in roland garros. wooohoooooo

Mara on June 7, 2009 at 11:05 PM said...

Oooooh I know!! I am so psyched!!!!!! Yaaaaayyyyy!!! :D

Vera on June 8, 2009 at 3:09 AM said...

Safina looked soooo tired :((

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez