Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What happened to the Top 10 Seeds??



Something weird is happening in the tournament. It is not really weird weird but a sort of an unexpected thing to happen all at once. I am talking about the on-going French Open 2009 or the Roland Garros (yeah, yeah, I've been talking about it for days). Of course I have my own bets slash personal favorites in the game and although most of them don't last until the 4th round or the quarter finals, I'm still okay with it. But this year, it's not just my favorites who are losing but almost the entire top 10 and it's not the losing why I find this weird, the one beating them are those players below the top 10. Wait, aside from it being weird I realized it's also amusing how that happened.

To make my point clear, here's a short list of the players' standings, both in the Men's and Women's Singles and the result of the match:

Murray (4) lost to Gonzalez (12) - Quarter Finals
Davydenko (10) lost to Soderling (23) - Quarter Finals
Nadal (1) lost to Soderling (23) - 4th Round
Roddick (6) lost to Monfils (11) - 4th Round
Simon (7) lost to Hanescu (30) - 3rd Round
Dementieva (4) lost to Stosur (30) - 3rd Round
V. Williams (3) lost to Szavay (29) - 3rd Round
Djokovic (4) lost to Kohlschreiber (29) - 3rd Round

and there are also seeded players who lost to the unseeded ones and higher seeds losing to the lower seeds in the top 10 like:

Jankovic (5) lost to Cirstea - 4th Round
Ivanovic (1) lost to Azarenka (9) - 4th Round
Na Li (25) lost to Sharapova - 4th Round

And the list goes on. You get what I mean. I know this is how every game goes but it's just different this time and that Robin Soderling is good, I tell you. He might just have a shot at the Finals if continue to play this good. That is me also saying that if he goes all the way to the Finals, he will officially be included in my favorites list. :)

Now the only top 10 seeds left and will continue to the next round are:

Men's:
Federer (2) vs. Monfils (11) - Quarter Finals
Del Potro (5) vs. Robredo (16) - Quarter Finals

Women's:
Safin (1) vs. Cibulkova (20) - Semi-Finals
S. Williams (2) vs. Kuznetsova (7) - Quarter Finals

At least 2 of my bets are still on the game, Federer and Safin. I am adding Soderling on my bet and if he goes all the way, he'll be on my favorites. 

Federer's game is on later and I am praying he won't try and give his fans heart attacks in anticipation. You know what I mean if you have watched his game with Haas. They played 5 freakin' sets, Set 1 and 2 are already in favor of Haas and each set lasted a little more than an hour! It was that long and good a match but I hope this time Federer would try and win later as fast and as best as he could. 

6 comments on "What happened to the Top 10 Seeds??"

AUGUSTINIANS on June 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM said...

Federer is still there and I wish he will win it this time. The only grand slam title he doesn't have yet.

Go Roger!

Maria@Conversations with Moms on June 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM said...

I'm a big fan of Federer so I hope he does well.

Janet on June 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM said...

I'm watching the Federer-Monfils match on ESPN360 right now....

Jessel on June 4, 2009 at 12:29 AM said...

thanks sa comment, you should try to drop atleast 300 blogs too lol! just once..ingat gurl.

Joe-ann on June 4, 2009 at 2:32 AM said...

yeah! go Federer!

Mara on June 5, 2009 at 8:17 PM said...

AUGUSTINIANS: I hope he'll win too! :)

MARIA: Looks like we have a Federer Fans Club here. :)

JANET: I am watching the Quarter Finals now. Can't wait for Federer's game later. :)

JESSEL: I'm trying!! Haha! I'm almost there!!

JOE-ANN: Go go go!

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez