Monday, June 29, 2009

A Happy Happy Birthday Indeed!


Saturday, the 27th, was the eve of my birthday. The day, and by that I mean 12MN, began with a text message from my friend, Jo who greeted me cos she seriously thought it was already the 28th. I laughed but thought it was really sweet. Then a couple of hours later, I was on the phone with a guy. I don't exactly know how and what to call him because we are not really close friends (we are barely friends) although we have a lot of common friends, we're not an item but we talk every single night for at least an hour, exchange couple of text messages throughout the day, la la la la, I don't know. Anyhow, after we hung up I went to sleep and woke up earlier than usual. I received a few more text messages greeting me a happy birthday, I didn't correct them and just said thank you.

When 6PM came, I started getting ready. The small party is set to "start" at 9-10PM. A friend arrived at my house past 6 and I was still getting ready. My cousins, friend and I left home at 7:30PM. It was not really a big party so it did not take me long to shower and get dressed. I intentionally wanted to be there that early cos my cousins and I wanted to have dinner first before the gang arrives and the whole booze thing starts. So one by one they came and one by one they left. There were some who said they'd come but didn't and there are some who never replied but came. The celebration was literally small, intimate. 

When 12 Midnight struck,  it was officially my birthday, everybody greeted me and raised their beer bottles. Even the bar's  featured band's singer, Pow Chavez, greeted me. I even requested Pow to sing Love, Sex, Magic during her 2nd set but then she intentionally wanted to sing it during her third and final set cos she said I'll leave right after she sings it. LOL. It was overwhelming having them, my friends, there. After that, there were only 4 of us left and a few minutes after that there's only me and the guy. We went home earlier than expected but still not early enough, 4:30 AM. The guy and I talked for a few minutes, went to sleep at 6 AM, woke up at 10 AM, checked my Facebook and WOW, I got about 50+ birthday greetings from my friends on my Wall and my status. And then 20+ birthday greetings via text messages that same day. It was touching.

Here are some of the photos that I promised:

The early birds. The booze thing is just starting.

One of the closest girl friends I have, Cathy. Congrats to you this is your 5th straight year that you've attended my birthday celebration since we became friends 5 years ago! :) Love you Cats!

Pow Chavez. Thanks for the Love, Sex, Magic. You rock! \m/ Next time sing it earlier! LOL. I won't leave, promise!

And then the crowd goes "More! More! More!". Yes, she's that good. If you haven't seen her perform and heard her sing, feel free to check out YouTube and type Pow Chavez. Or better yet, visit Booze Stop Bar and Grill in Makati every Saturday, Pow's there. And so are my friends and I. That goes especially to my Filipino readers who are looking for a steady place to have drinks in, or dinner, or listen to good bands, or hang out with friends or all of the above! :)

Yes, I have a little more guy friends than girls but it's cool. I love them all nonetheless. :)

A few more pictures (some crazy wacky ones) are not on my camera. I wonder whose camera it was. No one's uploading yet. As expected.

Now, I have to go get ready for my dinner with my former boss. I know the photos I shared are not much but I hope you enjoyed looking at it and felt as happy as I was when they were taken.

Thank you to every one who posted their birthday greetings! 

And last but not the least, I'd like all of you to know that I am so excited because I won Jerri's of Gems by Jerri's contest! Remember this post that I made? Well, I won!! The first time that I joined a contest and the first time I won and it's my birthday!! I already e-mailed you my details. I can't wait!! Thank you!!

P.S.

Tonight's Wimbledon match is between Roger Federer and Robin Soderling. Feels like the Roland Garros all over. I hope Roger wins! And Roddick too who is up against Berdych. And Simon and Ivanovic and Safina. My bets are playing tonight! Too exciting!!

8 comments on "A Happy Happy Birthday Indeed!"

fedhz on June 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM said...

Wow! Great! It was really a happy birthday! congrats on winning.. who's that guy in orange? hehehe.

aria on June 30, 2009 at 9:04 AM said...

Happy Birthday Mara :)

Grandy on June 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

Looks like good times were had by all. :)

anya on June 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM said...

belated happy birthday!

looks like you had a great time.

Tellie on July 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM said...

That sounds and looks like so much fun! Maybe the eve of my 21st birthday I'll do something similar, never thought of that, haha.

Happy belated birthday!

Maria@Conversations with Moms on July 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM said...

I'm so happy that you had a lot of fun. Happy Belated birthday.

Unknown on July 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM said...

Hi! Mara Belated Happy Birthday!

DebbieDana on July 2, 2009 at 12:30 AM said...

WOW, you surely had a blast! Happy belated birthday to you!

Many more blessings to be thankful for!

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez