Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Planning on a new blog.



I have been planning on putting up a new blog for quite sometime now but I was still undecided on what the content would be. I wanted it to be about something specific, like a niche but nothing too serious, still in my line of interest and something I could share my opinion on. And last night, while I was watching a late night movie to help me fall asleep, I came up with an idea. 

I now know what my new blog is going to be about. It will be something about my 3 favorite things and I can't wait to put it up. Now I have to decide whether to still use Blogger or try TypePad or Wordpress, I still have to use free hosting because I don't have sufficient funds to support a hosted site, then there's the layout and most importantly my banner/button/widget. You all know I'm not that talented to make one for myself. I need help!

As a birthday present, anyone? :)

My tentative date for the new blog is sometime after my birthday on the 28th. For real! :) I'm so thrilled. This is going to be the first time that I will be sticking to a subject on a blog. By the way, this personal bubble of mine is staying. You can still read about what's going in my life, random happenings, rants and raves. This is my personal bubble online, right? I'm here for the long haul.

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated!

On another note, I am joining Jerri's of Gems by Jerri's Contest. This is actually a first time that I will be joining any contest online and I hope I'll win! You know, something for myself on my birthday since the draw date of the winner is exactly on the day of my birthday, the 28th. I'm not excited about it but I'm always giving it as an excuse for wanting something (i.e. I'm giving away EC credits for my Top 5 Droppers this month because it's my birth month, I'm joining this contest because it's my birthday, I'm trying to save up with my online money making because it's my birthday, etc. etc.).

7 comments on "Planning on a new blog."

Bill on June 18, 2009 at 4:20 AM said...

Happy upcoming birthday my friend. if you need me to vote for you on the contest i will be glad to do that for you. 28th is your bday hmmmm what should i get you hmmmmm. See Ya

Jerri on June 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM said...

Thanks for posting about my contest.

grayspirit on June 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM said...

Give wordpress a try. It has a lot of free themes and widgets. Not that hard to learn.

Maria@Conversations with Moms on June 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM said...

Good for you. That's great that you want to branch out and try another blog. I tried another blog but couldn't find the time to keep up with two blogs, so for now I dropped it.

If you looking for someone to do great work for you at an insanely affordable price, contact Lady Java

http://www.ladyjavacreations.com/

You have nothing to lose by asking her how much it would cost. She made both my button for Friday Frustrations and my new Conversations with Moms button.

Alexs on June 18, 2009 at 12:43 PM said...

It's nice to hear your planning on your new blog based on a particular topic, I'm sure your avid readers will be excited on this project and you can amass targeted audience who will share the same interest with you. Keep me posted with your new blog.

If you're planning to use free hosting from WordPress (dot) com, please take note that you can't use AdSense and other ads on that site.

If your budget permits in the future, get your own hosting account, although it's expensive to buy your own domain name and to maintain a hosting account, it has many benefits and you are in control (I use godaddy it's cheap and easy to configure).

Don't worry about the codes there are free blogging application like WordPress, it is very easy to install and configure and has many themes (ready made design) to choose from and you will never run out of support in the internet just search for it.

Regarding your job hunting, just be patient, it took me almost a year before I landed a suitable job after passing the CPA exams in the Phils. years ago, well to be honest I suffered the same dilemma waiting for something I thought would never come (lol).

Advance Happy Birthday :) - Goodluck and happy blogging!

Eric of BlogDeManila(Philippine Blog) on June 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM said...

Hi Mara,

Just in case you want to host your own site let me know, you just buy the domain which is just $6.99/year on GoDaddy, you can even get it less if you use coupons (i have some), and I have a couple of FREE hosts that I can recommend as well.

I can personally help you to setup your site (using wordpress), of course it's for FREE ;)

Mara on June 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM said...

BILL: Thanks Bill. :) Oooh you can just get me anything for my birthday :)

JERRI: I hope I win!! :D

GRAYSPIRIT: Okay, Wordpress is on top of my list anyways. :) Thanks.

MARIA: I guess this new blog that I'm planning to put up will have "scheduled" posting. I'm excited about it. It's not that big but it's cool, I think. I will be contacting Lady Java about it when I have details already. I am still stuck on what's it about but I don't have any names or tagline or anything yet.
I hope it's that affordable for me :) Thanks Mommy Maria!

ALEXS: Thanks Alexs. Maybe when I earned enough online I will move my blog to a hosting domain that I bought. :) What else is not allowed in Wordpress?

ERIC: Oh thanks Eric!! I need help! Email me! I have quite a lot of questions before I start. :D

Online Earning Opportunities

Make money on Blog Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com

My Food Blog

mara's appetite

Stats, Subscriptions & Copyright

Blog Archive

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez