Friday, January 2, 2009

Movies to look forward to this year.


My third installment of the many lists I have for this year is about the movies that I am looking forward to seeing this year. I've been reading other websites, watched many trailers and saw several reviews and opinions about a lot of movies yet to be shown and I can't wait for 'em.

Here is the list of the movies that I can't wait to watch this year:

1. Transporter 3. - I posted a trailer of it here in blog and if you haven't seen it yet just click HERE.

2. Angels and Demons. - Hello again Professor Langdon. I sure hope it's a much better adaptation than Da Vinci Code. I've read the book years ago and I enjoyed it. Dan Brown is a very good writer. 

3. Confessions of a Shopaholic. - I've seen the trailer weeks ago and found it funny. I haven't read the book but I've read good reviews about it and I'l give the movie a chance before I buy the books.

4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. - The story's unusual and no matter how I avoid watching drama movies, Brad Pitt would make this one a little bit tolerable for me.

5. Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. - Moved from its usual November screening last ear to sometime this July, I'm sure this would still make it big like the rest of the previous Harry Potter series.

6. He's Just Not Into You. - The book was a fun read and I'm curious how they'll adapt it into a movie.

7. Race To Witch Mountain. - Another Disney film. Maybe it would be a big hit like The Game Plan, maybe not, but the trailer was amusing enough that even my Mom is looking forward to this.

8. Fast and the Furious 3. - The trailer for this has been shown months ago and I can't wait for it!

9. 17 Again. - I may not be the biggest fan of High School Musical and Zac Efron but he's looks damn hot in this movie, or at least in the trailer. Kinda reminded me of Freaky Friday with all the dad being 17 again minus the mom-daughter switch.

10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine. - I've been a fan of the X-Men since I was in elementary school so it goes without saying that I've watched the cartoons, all of the movies and now I can't wait for the Origins.

11. Transformers 2. - Bumbleebee! Jazz! and LadiesMan. Hahaha!

12. Ice Age 3. - I noticed a lot of movies are sequels and stuff and I hope I wouldn't be disappointed with this, not that it's disappointed me before. Ice Age always gives me a good laugh every time I watch it.

13. Sherlock Holmes. - I like Guy Ritchie's movies except for Swept Away as I could remember. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are a plus factor in this one for me. :)

14. Bride Wars. - Anne Hathaway! 

15. After Dark Horrorfest Movies. -Movies from the Horrorfest are really good.

Hmm. Did I miss out on any good movies? Let me know if I have! :)

2 comments on "Movies to look forward to this year."

Anonymous said...

Nice list Mara. I really want to see Thundercats the movie... if they ever gonna make one. I saw a fanmade trailer the other day, it's awesome! but not the real thing :(

Anonymous said...

You don't mention 'Australia' which only launched in the last few days of 2009 so kinda qualifies since it is going to make all its box office in '09

I'm looking forward to that one, but would agree with most of your list.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez