Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preparing for my Impact Interview...



... and for other future job interviews as well.

Monday is THE day for me. My Impact Interview. Maybe my "make or break" interview for that matter before the Final Interview on January 22-26. I don't know how it would go. I do know what an impact interview means, questions ask are about how you could handle yourself in a certain situation. It will show how responsible and professional you are and why the employer/s would want to hire someone like you in their company. I really did some research. So, sounds like a make or break for me. What's not clear to me is what would happen after the Impact Interview. I didn't even know we were going to have one. During my 2nd Interview, the interviewee said they'll inform me when the Final Interview would be when I get shortlisted and I did. There was no mention of an Impact Interview and now I'm thinking what if I didn't pass it, does it mean I won't get to have a Final Interview? How come one of my friends wasn't scheduled for it but he got a message informing him about the Final Interview? The message I got tells me to confirm my attendance for the Impact o be able to be lined up for the Final.

But no matter how anxious I am right now about Monday, I am still dragging my ass to prepare for it. I might still need it for the other interviews I might have in the future anyway. I'm doing some research about how not to screw it up. 

I have some questions that I know I should prepare for like:

1. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
2. Why should we hire you? (and other similar questions)
3. Tell me something about yourself.
4. What would you do in *this* situation?

These sound easy but really, when it's about you getting the job or not, it gets hard. That's why I'm starting to browse around the web looking for tips and advices to at least not blank out during an interview. I have read some good stuffs and I'm really thankful to my friend, Anonymili, for e-mailing me a lot of helpful articles she wrote.

I'm going to share them in another entry so watch out for it. :)

1 comments on "Preparing for my Impact Interview..."

Anonymous said...

I hate views! Haven't done it for soooooooooooooo many years now. I hope it all goes well with you. Good luck Mara!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez