Sunday, January 4, 2009

Job Hunting.



In keeping true to my To-Do List for 2009, I have started seeking jobs online. I figured since I'm almost always online anyway that I would do myself a favor and use the internet as a means of finding myself a job.

A friend of mine suggested that I try looking at JobStreet and that's what I did. I started my 2009 browsing through the pages of the said job search engine and I have successfully applied for 5 jobs that one day. The other night, I have applied yet again to another 2 companies. That makes it 7 applied jobs for me in a span of 2 days. I'm not stopping there though, I'll apply so long as I see a position that interests me and I receive a phone call from one of the many companies that I've applied for which is hopefully not too long because holiday break is already done and everybody is off to work again tomorrow.

Most of what I've applied for are in line with my college degree and the training I have had during the course of my two practicums in which I have gained more than 1,000 hours of training.

I have applied as a Front Desk Officer/Receptionist, HR Admin Assistant, Guest Service Agent, Ground/Flight Cabin Crew, Sourcing Associate, Data Entry Clerk. I'm not seeking a high position since I'm just a fresh graduate. Entry level positions are okay as long as it interest me (no matter how far off it is from my college degree) and I get myself a job. If you know any job openings please let me know. I prefer somewhere in the vicinity of Mandaluyong, Pasig (Ortigas) and Makati.

Whew! Please please pray with me about this. :)



7 comments on "Job Hunting."

ian on January 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM said...

hey. God bless your job hunt, mara =] it may also help to subscribe to jobsdb.com or similar online recruitment services =] happy new year!

Chen Chow on January 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM said...

Good Luck on your job search!

Hopefully, you would be able to get your dream job!

Best wishes from a staff of JobStreet.com

Anonymous said...

God bless on your job hunting! I have posted a reply on your comment. Thanks for the comment by the way. ;) Congratz on your PR as well. What course have you finished? Perhaps I could help you find one.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mara!

I'm sorry I don't have anything to offer. I used to know a lot of job openings because we had once a site, http://kabuhayangpinoy.com. But somehow, we cannot renew the domain from CTCD.com maybe because it had gained a very high traffic and they would sell the domain at a higher price.

Anyway, I used to work in an outsourcing company. But because of the crisis, they're cutting costs and retained old employees.

I have a friend who is also in the same field as you are. If I can contact her, then I'll give you aring.. (or a comment)... lol

I also used to search in Jobstreet and Jobsdb. You can see legit companies there unlike other related sites. Gambatte! (Good luck!)

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on your job hunting. Just be patience and always give your best shot. I hope you will got a job very soon.

Mira on January 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM said...

Good luck on your job hunting. I have a subscription to JobStreet.com a long time ago and until now that I'm based in US already I still receive job matches from them through LiNa Job Alert. Whereabouts in Mandaluyong are you from? I used to live there. Tks for dropping by in my blogs.
Random Thoughts
Mira's Web Journal
A Moment to Exhale
My Barefoot Journey
My Kitchen Table
Scrappy Mommy

Anonymous said...

May God bless your job hunt and lead you to a job that suits your interest and may lead you to glorify Him.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez