Monday, December 29, 2008

Songs for the day.


As of late last night up until this very moment that I'm typing, Britney Spears' songs are stuck in my head. Her second single from her new album, Circus is playing in my background and of course I want to share them with you here:



I have been a fan of Britney Spears since her Baby One More Time Days. I think I was in 5th Grade or so then. I bought all her albums and I listened to her songs a lot.
I even followed her relationship with Justin Timberlake during those days. As a fan, I honestly think that Britney is not one of the great singers out there. She can't hit high notes like Celine Dion
or even Christina Aguilera but her charm and her passion for what she's doing is what makes her the Pop Princess.

So blah blah blah, I'm not really here to give history or background of Britney or myself as a fan. I'm here to share her new album: Circus and the songs that are currently my favorites with some part of the lyrics that are really catchy:

1. Circus
"There’s only two types of guys out there, 
Ones that can hang with me, and ones that are scared 
So baby I hope that you came prepared 
I run a tight shift so, beware 
I’m like the ringleader 
I call the shots 
I’m like a firecracker 
I make it hot 
then I put on a show"

2. If U Seek Amy
"Love me hate me 
Say what you want about me 
But all of the boys and all of the girls are beggin' to If You Seek Amy 
Love me hate me 
But can't you see what I see 
All of the boys and all of the girls are beggin' to If You Seek Amy"

3. Kill The Lights
"Kill the Lights!
(Take 'em out, turn 'em off, break 'em down)
Kill the Lights!
(Don't be scared, make a move, see me now?)
Kill the Lights!
(I've seen you, watching me, watching you)
Kill the Lights!
You can't handle the truth
What happened to you?

I KILL
(The Lights) Pure
(The Lights) Satis
(The Lights) Faction
I KILL
(The Lights) Lights
(The Lights) Camera
(The Lights) Action"

4. Mmm Papi
"Stuck in 
the middle of it all 
To many people around me 
Can you hear me call? 
I look this way 
And you're not there 
If you dont mind 
My soul out there 

Mmm Papa, Mmm Papa, Mmm Papa"

5. Blur
"Can you calmly hand me all my things?
I think I need an aspirin
Better yet, I need to get up outta here
I gotta get my head right
Where the hell am I?
Who are you?
What'd we do
Last night?
Yeah yeah yeah"

The first four are upbeat songs. Groovy. Makes you wanna move your muscles and dance to it whatever way you like. 
My current LSS is If U Seek Amy. If you listen to it real carefully you'll hear her sing F-U-CK ME (If U Seek Amy). This song just sticks to your mind.
Kill The Lights although I didn't enjoy the first part of the song, I found the chorus and the rest of the song really good. It's something that you could dance ti in a dark room.
The beat is kind of "dark" if you know what I mean but it's great and catchy. Same goes with Mmm Papi but this one has a "lighter" beat than Kill The Lights.
Blur is a little mellow compared to the first 4 on my list, still good though. Blur has some sort of story in its lyrics.

If you have time you can try to listen to these songs and let me know what you think.

video from francomadrid84 (YouTube)

1 comments on "Songs for the day."

Liza C Abad on December 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM said...

i've been a fan of britney too before, when I was in grade 5 and 6 ... but now, I don't know. :)




http://flywithme.co.cc

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez