Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Movie Review: Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.


Bookmark and Share

For some reason, I had a hard time sleeping last night. I reset my body clock and started sleeping no later than 12 midnight every night for the past 2 weeks. I really have no idea why I couldn't sleep last night. I was already in bed by 11 but since I couldn't sleep, I decided to watch a movie which would hopefully help me feel sleepy.

This is the movie brought me to sleep last night feeling in love:

*This is my personal opinion.

Main Characters:
Matthew McConaughey - Connor Mead
Jennifer Garner - Jenny Perotti
Michael Douglas - Uncle Wayne

Plot/Story:
Connor loves women. He loves them so much that after being in several dates with them, he breaks up with them on video conference--- all 3 girls. He modeled his life to his late Uncle Wayne who taught him how to "treat" girls and what relationships are. Uncle Wayne was a lady-charmer, loved to party but eventually ended up alone. Now, on Connor's brother's rehearsal dinner, after Connor was sent out for voicing out his negative opinion on weddings and love and ruined the dinner, Uncle Wayne appeared in front of him with some good intention. Connor was to see his past, present and future girlfriends' ghosts. Re-call why he turned out the way he is, see the present as it is and have a glimpse on his future if he continues living the way he does.

My Opinion:
As in music, I also watch a lot of movies from different kinds of "genre". I enjoy classics as much as I enjoy romantic comedies, cartoons, action, thriller, sci-fi, and horror. Uh, drama not so much but I do have a few favorites too. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past fits the criteria of romantic comedies. It has a few unrealistic scenes if you take it literally, a couple of good laughs and a good amount of sweet moments and realizations. Of course with this kind of genre, the story is predictable already but with Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, it is enjoyable enough to sit for a good 1 hour and 45 minutes and indulge on a feel-good, relaxing movie.

I have always enjoyed Matthew's movies and I think his roles suit him well. I'm not so much of a Jennifer Garner acting fan but I do loved Alias and seeing pictures of her and her family on celebrity gossip sites but that's just about it. Matthew's character in this movie is too charming although I find him more charming in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (but that's another post). He maybe "old" for teeny boppers but he's still good for twenty-plus-somethings. ;)

Note: Do not expect too much in this movie. There is not much difference with other romantic comedies just that this one has a very, very good lesson especially to guys. And I say very, very good lesson.

My Favorite Quote:
"Someone once told me that the power in all relationships lies with whoever cares less, and he was right. But power isn't happiness, and I think that maybe happiness comes from caring more about people rather than less..." -Connor Mead

My Rating:
3.5/5 - Worth seeing if you can't sleep, feels bored and alone and just want to watch something lighter than heavy drama. Plus you should also at least appreciate romantic comedies. ;)

1 comments on "Movie Review: Ghosts of Girlfriends Past."

Marice on October 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM said...

one of may fave.. i so love Jen Garner! ;)

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez