Saturday, October 31, 2009

Book Review: For One More Day by Mitch Albom


I think the weather's way of telling me to rest my body and my mind is to cut off electricity. No TV. No radio. No internet. No phone signal. Nothing. For the first time in a very long time I didn't feel upset or furious with the fact that the power was out so very early in the morning and that I can't check my mails and Facebook. I actually felt fine with it. I took it maybe as the electric company's precautionary measures what with the new typhoon that's here in the country.

So anyhoo, I was able to just sit down and read (or re-read for that matter) a very good book... Mitch Albom's For One More Day.

I have one thing to say about this book and the author. Amazing. It's amazing how Mitch Albom never fails to make me cry with his novels. It's amazing how he write such novels in a way that's easy to understand, with simple words, yet can touch your inner emotions. It's amazing how his story-telling feels like you are actually there... a character in the story.

The first time I read this book, I was deeply touched but I guess I didn't quite felt the emotion yet. Today, however, when I read it again in one sitting I cried. Not just teary-eyed but literally cried, tears-falling-down-my-cheeks-throat-hurts kind of cry. I felt like I somehow connected with the character. Different circumstances but same thoughts and emotions.

I don't know how to give a synopsis for this novel without spoiling it for those who haven't read it yet. All I can say is that this book is about how it feels to lose a parent, all your loved ones and the unconditional love of a mother to her child.

I will be back for some of my favorite excerpts/quotes from the book. Take some time to read it, totally worth it.


2 comments on "Book Review: For One More Day by Mitch Albom"

Vera on November 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM said...

Ay grabe this book! It really is a worthy read though.

Anonymous said...

I've read this one and Tuesdays with Morrie, too. Great books by Mitch Albom.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez