Monday, July 6, 2009

Roger Federer is back to being World Number 1!


Woot woot! He did it! Roger Federer won the Wimbledon title against Andy Roddick and now he's back to World Number 1 in the rankings!

AFP PHOTO / ADRIAN DENNIS (Photo credit should read ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images)

The match was crazy! It was an epic! And I still cannot remove the smile off my face. It was one of those matches that I'd be so proud to say "Hey! I've watched that!" because it definitely is a record breaking Finals. I got tears on my eyes, I cannot stop clapping and cheering and I have this genuine smile that I cannot seem to wipe off.

It was a very long match between my two favorites with 5 sets, 5-7 7-6 7-6 3-6 16-14. Andy Roddick was AMAZING! If he wasn't playing against Roger he's definitely my bet. Remember, he's one of my favorites too. He improved A LOT! And I think he should get credit for it especially with the way he played earlier. He was good but not good enough to defeat Roger. Although I was feeling all glorious, I feel for Andy. It was obvious how he was holding back tears. Major effort! His time will come! Just keep playing the way he's playing now (or improve), he will definitely see his name on the wall with Sampras and Borg and all the other great tennis players.

Tonight is all about Roger Federer! And a little bit of Gavin Rossdale too. He was looking so hot in the box watching. I wonder where Gwen Stefani is. Anyway, I am off to bed now because I still have an interview to attend to in a few hours and I have to wait for the "guy's" call before I'll be able to go to "sleep". You know. He went out and I'm stuck at home which is also good cos I was able to watch the Finals. Oh what a happy happy night! 2:25 AM already here, the guy would probably call before 6 AM, interview schedule at 9 AM, I have to leave the house before 8 AM (Monday rush), eat breakfast, take a bath and get dressed, I obviously need to stretch the hourssssssssss! Looks like I'll be getting no sleep and would look like a zombie tomorrow. So much for an impression. I just have to impress them with my answers, I guess. LOL.

Thank you to Mommy Maria for wishing me luck for my interview!

I'll update you guys in the morning.
Hugs!

8 comments on "Roger Federer is back to being World Number 1!"

Janet on July 6, 2009 at 6:57 AM said...

I was so excited for him - it was such a phenomenal match. It was a shame there had to be a loser, but I wanted Roger to win his 15th and break the record.

Maria@Conversations with Moms on July 7, 2009 at 2:37 AM said...

I knew you'd be watching the game. My son was rooting for Federer, it was cute. They both did an amazing job. It was really fun to watch.

I cannot believe the energy these guys have to be playing for over 4 hours and still serving balls at over 130. Crazy strength and speed.

I'm really happy for Federer and Roddick should be proud of himself too.

Thanks for the mention.

boyz on July 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM said...

horeee go Fedex gooo
I think he is a new legend in tenis

sandeep on July 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM said...

Roger played excellent in this game, i am happy to see his 15th record

sandeep on July 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM said...

Roger played excellent in this game, i am happy to see his 15th record

Better Than Coffee on July 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM said...

federer is definitely one of the best players out there. i like him better than sampras (who used to be my idol).

love,
nobe

www.deariago.com
www.iamnobe.wordpress.com

Wiggy on July 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM said...

It was an awesome match, that I never thought would end. Both men gave their all, and I did feel very sorry for Roddick at the end. Didn't he serve a phenominal amount of aces during the final?

Mara on July 10, 2009 at 12:12 AM said...

JANET: Indeed! I want him to win at least 20 grand slams. LOL. I was so happpppy.

MARIA: I'm that big a fan of Roger, I guess. It was so unbelievable how they played that long. And Roddick's serves were great! Roger had a hard time breaking them. I'm proud of them both. Roddick's time will come as long as he keeps playing the way he does now. :)

BOYZ: Yes, same here. He's becoming a legend in tennis. :D

SANDPEEP: Me too! :D

NOBE: I love Sampras too but I love Roger more. I guess we feel the same, huh? :)

WIGGY: Oh yes he did! I was the one feeling tired for both of 'em while watching. Intense match. LOL.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez