Monday, July 20, 2009

Hospital food is blah.


Or bland. Or tasteless. Or no flavor. Whichever you prefer. Hospital food tastes like... nothing. I had to "suffer" eating flavorless food from the hospital for 5 days and 4 nights. I felt like I was going to be sicker. 

Here are a few photos of the food that I had during my stay at the hospital:




I was only served either Beef or Pork because I was on a Hypoallergenic Diet. That was the first time I heard of such a thing. I have 5 meals per day: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. The only food that I actually enjoyed eating was my second day breakfast (the second picture), Beef Tapa. It was a little sweet, a hint of taste...finally! The rest of the food was just okay. Well, what do I expect. It's not like I'm having room service at a hotel, right? LOL. I think another factor that added up to my Hypoallergenic Diet was the fact that I have a family background of Diabetes too. Thanks Dad! It's okay, I don't have it... yet. 

I still have a lot of food photos from the hospital. I took a shot at every meal I had and it's too many to post here. My blog would be covered with hospital food and it's not even palatable. Tsk. So I'll only post 4 here. They all look the same anyway. Blech!

Now that I'm back home I get to eat normal flavorful food. Yum!

7 comments on "Hospital food is blah."

pehpot on July 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM said...

hey girl it's OK no, I hope your doing good now.. o ayan meron na ulit next na meet up, a pinay from Singapore will be here, August 13 on Megamall.. ayan mas malapit na sau :)
Make or Break

Metz on July 20, 2009 at 5:54 PM said...

Hi,

It is a monday again - dont let the monday blues get yah down :) Happy stress free week ahead :) xoxo

Mandy on July 21, 2009 at 2:09 AM said...

Oh yuck mara. That looks awful. I suppose you need to eat though! Hope you're getting better.

bingkee on July 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM said...

I can't believe you blogged from the hospital bed? You have an opportunity to take a rest---mind , body and spirit----even after getting out from the hospital.
Girl, you need to slow down and relax and take time out from the computer.

Maria@Conversations with moms on July 21, 2009 at 7:02 AM said...

It doesn't even look like real food. Go out to a real restaurant and eat real food now that your out.

Nicole on July 24, 2009 at 4:28 AM said...

That def. does look like it will make you sicker, yuck!

fedhz on July 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM said...

korek. it's either walang lasa or super alat. labo nga eh. dapat tama lang din sa diet mo pero minsan, labo labo din. hayz....

hypoallergenic? baka ni-vacuum pa nila yan bago ni serve sayo, kaya nasipsip na lahat ng lasa, hehehe!

^^v get well soon ha. sana nga kita kits na sa mandaluyong hehe.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez