Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blogger, TypePad, WordPress?


I am still stuck thinking where to sign up for my new blog. I was browsing through TypePad and Wordpress a while ago and I learned that TypePad has a monthly fee although they do offer a 14-day free trial and WordPress doesn't support monetizing your blog. Now, Blogger is winning over the others since I already have one blog signed up under it it would be a lot easier and convenient if I just create a new one. What do you think?

Or let me know if I just misunderstood things with TypePad and WordPress. I'm serious. I will be starting another blog. Funny that I postponed my initial subject of "movies, tv, music" into a food photo blog. This is final. :) I want to know by tomorrow and sign-up within this week so that my new blog will be up and running by first week of August. I am still open to messages from anyone who would want to help me with my button/badge and blog layout.

Thank you!

11 comments on "Blogger, TypePad, WordPress?"

Rose on July 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM said...

kung ako ang tatanungin mo mas maganda pa rin ang blogger kaysa sa typad at wordpress altough wordpress tool is the best blog tool and blog script. pero kung ang wordpress na sinasabi mo ay ung free blog of wordpress di siya maganda sis. Kasi di mo mapapalitan ung theme mo at di mo siya magagawaan ng sariling theme. kung free blog lang naman ang gagamitin mo o ang pagsisign-up-an mo mas maganda pa rin blogger.

it's my suggestion lang nman pero ikaw pa rin at nasasayo pa rin naman ang desisyon eh. goodluck sa bagong site na gagawin mo.

Maria@Conversations with Moms on July 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM said...

I think that Blogger is the best choice for a free site. I believe that Wordpress doesn't allow adsense and other forms of monetizing.

I would start with Blogger. You can always transfer your posts to another blog format (I think), later on if you change your mind.

Vlad on July 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM said...

I agree with Maria, WP.com doesn't allow any form of monetization.

Stick with blogger as you can later transfer your blog once you have budget for your own hosting and domain. I believe WP still the best blogging platform around.

none on July 29, 2009 at 12:53 AM said...

Blogger works well for me, and if you later want a regular www. site of your own (without the blogspot.com at the end) you can convert your blogspot.com for $10 a year with Google.

You sounded like you were desperate yesterday. If you have a PayPal account I could send you a little money electronically.

sadermaxx on July 29, 2009 at 1:22 AM said...

You can also try tiond they pay per view.

bingkee on July 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM said...

Wordpress is the best ---I can cite you links why most bloggers prefer WP and it's the platform of the most number of top 100 blogs in the world.

You can monetize a WP blog, but don't go for the free one. Host it in a paid host site such as GoDaddy, or BlueHost.
Typepad is also great. I have a Typepad blog. (I Love -hate America and Rockers Wife blogs are in Typepad). I can monetize it although I also pay . Typepad is preferred by non-techies like me who does not want to go for doing SEO myself. Typepad has a lot of features---try the 14 day trial. You'll be amazed it's so great. The glitch about Typepad? If you're not an HTML expert, you're stuck with their custom themes. If you like JS Kit to be installed, you cannot unless you go for their Pro Account and you've got to have an HTML knowledge. Pro is $14.95 for a month. CommentLuv has no plugin designed for Typepad yet.

But the pluses---you don't need to do your own sitemap, you can edit your URL link, it automatically feeds to Networked Blogs, Facebook, Friend Feed, Twitter, Blogs.com and Technorati after each time you post. It has automatic pinging every time you post.Unlike WP and Blogger, no automatic pinging. SEO is guaranteed because once you set your blog to "public"--it goes directly to search engines. But to optimize it the more, you should submit it to more directories.
The customer service is great....you can bug them forever and willing to help especially if you're not tech-savvy.

WP , although I'm not familiar with it---I know you have a lot of theme options, has a lot of plug-ins available, etc.

But you do the techie stuff by yourself.

I like my Typepad but if I have a lot of time to learn more techie stuff, I would move to WP. The thing is , I don't want to spend more time re-learning and learning the technicalities. However, go for what most bloggers prefer----Wordpress , but not the free one.
Coz you cannot monetize it.

Contrary to what others saying here, Blogger is not good if you want to really go "power blogging"--Blogger is only good for beginners.

Alexs on July 29, 2009 at 7:23 AM said...

I still suggest blogger.com, regarding your badge, if you are not going into banner making business (unless you change ur mind n da future lol), go to this link http://www.bannermakerpro.com/download.html - it's a trial version for 15 days, maximize its use, build all the banners you need. If I could assist you any further send me an email. About your last post, cheer up! Remember, you have friends...

Femmepower on July 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM said...

I suggest you start with blogger if you plan to monetize it in the long run.It's adsense-ready and some paying programs accept them. Besides,it's easier to transfer to a new domain or hosting in the future.

My main blog uses WordPress as platform but it's hosted,not free.I find it much easier to use than blogger.I have no problem monetizing it with Adsense and paid posts because it's hosted.On the other hand,Free WP is known to take down monetizing blogs.

riel on July 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM said...

mara! Here's the link.. http://hunsample.blogspot.com =)

spinninglovelydays on July 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM said...

If you plan to monetize, blogger's the one. Another plus is that you'd already be familiar with the layout. Tried wordpress for a time and didn't know how to do squat except type the entry. Of course, these things can be learned, but too much hassle for me. :)

Eric : Blog De Manila : Philippine Blog on July 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM said...

hey! hey! hey! I'm here! hehehe... Mara, if you need help to transfer your site let me know. I might be able to help you.

If you really want a true FULL control of your site, (monetize, install themes, put Ads, etc.) let me know. I assist you on this.

For those who are not so techies, just email me personally and I'm willing to help you or better visit my blog.

shhhh...sekreto lang ito, pwede kayong magkaroon ng hosted site ng libre, basta domain name lang ang bilhin nyo...ayan tagalog na itong sulat ko. ;)

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez