Saturday, July 18, 2009

I am back from the hospital.

Hello again guys!

I am so terribly sorry I haven't updated for ages (well, at least that's how it feels like to me). My last post was about me feeling sick and all and I was planning to go to our doctor for a checkup and I did which was why I had gone missing virtually for about 5 days or so. My intended checkup became an admission to the hospital, The Medical City, because of asthma and pneumonia. My doctor didn't let me go home. I was so scared and I almost cried because I was there alone. I had no one with me. And it was my first time to get admitted without my parents beside me. I am scared of needles! And I need someone to hold my hand whenever they had to test my blood or put the dextrose in. I had no one. I immediately called up my Mom who is in LA and woke her up just to tell her that I will get admitted and that our doctor wanted to talk to her to explain my "condition". Well, she agreed.

I got admitted late in the afternoon. There was a crowd in the Emergency Room. A lot of patients complaining about different kinds of illnesses. I was made to wait in the Observatory Room (or something like that) while waiting for a room to go available. I tell you, it was like I was in a hotel in its peak season! Every room was "fully-occupied"! There were 8 patients inside the room including me and then a lot more waiting outside the hall on their wheelchairs. That was how many patients there were. So anyway, my cousin arrived just in time for my dextrose insertion.

Okay, there it is. I had one "tube" but there's actually another one inserted. One dextrose and antibiotic. I honestly felt my heart stopped beating for a millisecond when the nurse inserted it. Seriously. I AM that scared of needles.

I got a room at around 10PM already. Yes, I waited for more than 4 hours. This photo above was taken the next morning by my friend, Anna who visited me along with her boyfriend Ace and my other good friend was also there. I am not sure but I look thinner than usual in this photo plus my hair look shorter too.

I was admitted because of pneumonia and asthma by the way. My doctor said she had to admit me to prevent it from progressing plus they had to swab me for H1N1 too just in case. Don't worry, I tested NEGATIVE. I knew it. She said it was just for precaution. So for 2 nights I stayed in isolation and then I transferred after they got the result of the swab.

Thank you for the well wishes and the continued visit in my blog. Rest assured I will be catching up since I'm on house arrest for at least a week. :D

I will be posting and talking about hospital food tomorrow. I have to cut this entry into 2 0r 3 parts cos it's too long. 


11 comments on "I am back from the hospital."

Vera on July 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM said...

I had no idea it was serious enough to get you admitted to the hospital! I would've been scared too if I was alone. glad you're out and already well. You do look soo thin and sick in that photo. Post a happy pic next! :)

Happy you're okay! :)

Miriam on July 19, 2009 at 1:54 AM said...

I'm glad you're better and back at home now. Relax and keep on getting better :)


LadyJava on July 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

Asthma is no fun.. I have it too.. hope you are feeling better :)

Another Blogger on July 19, 2009 at 9:41 PM said...

Hope you'll be OK soon.

Stacie on July 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM said...

Glad you are home. I sure hope you get to feeling better. Have a great day!

ian on July 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM said...

glad to know you are well enough to blog =]

makes you think though. if the care you needed to receive wasn't made available to you in a topnotch hospital in Metro Manila, how much worse the system is in the provinces...

count your blessings still =]

My Journey on July 20, 2009 at 11:52 PM said...

I'm sorry to hear you were so sick. Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with. I had that several years ago and it does take a lot out of you! I can relate to the asthma as well :( Some hospital food is better than others but when you're not feeling well, nothing tastes good anyway. Nice pics of the food. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Maria@Conversations with Moms on July 21, 2009 at 7:00 AM said...

I get back from vacation and find out that you were in the hospital. Poor you. I wish I could have sent you good wishes while you were in the hospital. It sounds like you had a rough time.

I'm glad your out of the hospital now. Hope your energy returns to 100% soon.

Femmepower on July 21, 2009 at 8:00 AM said...

Glad to see you back. Take care of your health.

lancerie on July 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM said...

Get well soon. we really miss u.

Jhong Medina on July 23, 2009 at 1:17 PM said...

Get Well Soon Mara!

Jhong Medina
Qlick Cafe


Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez