Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Suspected Malware Infected Sites?



This is weird. I was about to start an entry regarding my craze for the day--Facebook applications--most especially LivingSocial applications where I get to post my Top 5's and WishList. So okay, while I was doing them and playing poker online I was also browsing other blogs via Adgetize and dropping some EC's too. I was about to concentrate and close all other tabs other than Adgetize when all of a sudden this pops out of the screen:

At first the page would start to load and I get to see the graphics and all that but then all of a sudden this warning came out. I thought it was just one site, so I tried visiting another and another and the same thing happens. I closed Adgitize and opened Entrecard instead and to my dismay, hello warning again! Facebook is still working. Yahoo is still working. Multiply is still working. Philmug is still working. I don't know what the problem is! Everything was going perfectly and then all of a sudden, this happens. G-R-E-A-T! GRRRRRRREAT!

I am using Apple MacBook and my browser's Safari.

Can anyone help me with this?

p.s.

I tried using Mozilla and it's working fine. Still, I don't want to take chances.

2 comments on "Suspected Malware Infected Sites?"

FluxApex on April 16, 2009 at 10:33 PM said...

First of all, you should be using Opera, lol. Why are you using Apple. I am hoping they get banned soon. Just kidding, sort of. Safari is so ugly and boring. Second, I went there and my anti-virus stopped a trojan from it so it is infected. I have Eset Smart Security, which is the best anti-virus I have ever used and I also have about 4 good spyware and malware programs runnig that all world great. Spyware Doctor, Ad-Aware, Spybot and Malwarebytes. That site: m.winxyz.com, which I seen in your screenshot is a virus plain and simple. Where did you get the link and did you report it to one of your virus companies?

Mara on April 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM said...

I am using Opera...on my phone. Does that count? Haha! I've been using Apple since...uh I don't know. But okay, I only have ClamXav to check for virus since most of the time Safari has this red warning sign for virus infected sites whatever. Anyway, everything went back to normal after a few minutes of me posting this entry. Weird.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez