Monday, April 20, 2009

Hopefully I'll land a job by June.



I have been a little busy today. Just a little and then the rest was just me being lazy on a Monday.
I woke up with my cell phone ringing hard just right beside my ear at 7:50 this morning. It was a friend from L.A. who I really don't know personally  but has been in constant communication with me since January (okay, that guy is another story), anyway, his phone call woke me up in time cos I was having this really deep sleep and I doubt that I'll wake up in time for my appointment with my sister earlier this morning. So about 8:30 I got out of bed and ate 2 slices of bread, freshened up, got dressed and went out to go to my sister's office by 10. I had to wait for her for a couple of minutes since she was in a meeting.

When she finally arrived, we talked inside her office. What did we talk about? Me being jobless---still. And then my sister said she'll talk to someone in the Personnel's Office and have this special person write me a recommendation letter for two hotels. I am not proud to be pulling strings here but with times like these, I have to swallow my pride. I have been keeping my head high for a year and always saying "NO" to my Mom and sister's offer to have this special person write a recommendation letter for me and I still have no job. I need to grab this opportunity. I finally said "OKAY" today and I will be back tomorrow to hand out my CVs. I just finished typing a Cover Letter for the first hotel and my brain's too fried to be typing another one. What's difficult is that I am applying for two different positions. Both are within my interest though so no worries.

That's why I'm saying hopefully, by June just in time for my birthday I will be getting my first paycheck. Whenever I think of me starting to work, I get too overwhelmed and sad and I just want to curl up on my bed and cry. Seriously. But I won't be doing that right now. Maybe when I hear from them that's when I'll start feeling all fuzzy.

Wish me luck! Lots and lots of it! This is my last chance! (not literally but y'all know what I mean)

4 comments on "Hopefully I'll land a job by June."

Vera on April 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM said...

Good luck! Wow them with your personality, charm them with your wit :)

fedhz on April 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM said...

Good luck.. sige paurong na ng paurong. sabi mo nun by Feb, hehehe!

Unknown on April 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM said...

Hi Mara!

Wishing you a lot of luck! Just be patient ...

Cheers!

Mara on April 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM said...

VERA: thanks!

FEDHZ: thanks! haha eto talaga deadline ng pinakadeadline. birthday ko! :)

JHONG: thanks!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez