Sunday, September 13, 2009

Random Rainy Sunday Entry.


I don't know about you guys but the weather here in the Philippines, specifically here in Manila, has been crazy for the past couple of weeks. When we have typhoon signals, the rain stops. When there is no typhoon signal, it's dark outside and the rain just won't stop. Crazy I tell you. It gets even crazier because this is the second week that we are experiencing cloudy, cold and rainy days nonstop except for last Thursday when the clouds finally cleared up and I thought that finally the weather is going to be okay again but night time came and the rain poured down... poured down hard. It hasn't stopped since. Not completely anyway. This kind of weather just makes me want to stay at home, have a huge mug of coffee, eat, watch some TV and do online stuff.

Having said that, today is a very cloudy, rainy Sunday and in lieu of keeping my word of having a more productive day than usual, I took baby steps and started backing up my files and deleting a few of them afterwards. My MacBook's memory is down from it's original 160GB space to a 3.15GB and it's killing me. Yesterday, I am almost in the brink of a panic attack when my laptop's startup didn't end. It usually starts up fast even with a memory space below 20GB but yesterday, no it didn't. I had to wait for more than 10 minutes with no success, I turned it off and on and off a lot of times. Good thing it worked. I sweat droplets! So, now before it gets worse and the "folder with a question mark" appears instead of the Apple when I turn it on, I am backing up everything I got here. Better be safe than sorry, right?

What else?

Oh! My good friend, who I also call my BFF, were supposed to go out for a good food trip at KFC or McDonald's earlier tonight but yeah, since the weather is a "bed weather" we decided to stay in and just do it next week. I was already picturing KFC's hot and crispy chicken and McDonald's fries and caramel sundae. Yum! But then it's fine, at least I won't be spending on food... again! I tell you, food is my ultimate weakness hence my food blog was born. :)

Btw, while I was browsing through different blogs I stumbled upon one who posted a proof of payment from some site which they claim pays you for the traffic that you get. I read several comments from the post and decided to give it a try. It sounds too good to be true but then what's the harm in trying? It's for free anyways and it's not time consuming so I really have nothing to lose. The site is called Paid-To-Promote and they send out payments twice a month, on the 15th and 30th via Paypal. From what I understand, all you have to do is to put up their code on your site and for every visitor that you get that stays for at least 10 seconds, they will credit you for it. Told you it's very easy and too good to be true. Let's see how I'll do and I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone is interested just click HERE.

Hugs!

photo c/o: www.flickr.com

P.S.
Today (or tonight in my case) is the Men's Singles Semi Finals between Rafael Nadal and Juan Martin del Potro to be followed by Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic. I don't know whether I should go have an eye shut first and just wake up after Nadal and del Potro's match or stay up all throughout the start. The first match starts at 12PM New York time and 12MN Manila time. Yes, that late. I'm used staying up until early in the morning but I felt my lids getting heavy just now. Hmmmmm. You guys know I am a huge Federer lover, so.... fighting off sleeping is my number one goal.

1 comments on "Random Rainy Sunday Entry."

cornyman on September 14, 2009 at 4:19 AM said...

Hi Mara,

i think you are a winner of the previous contest :)

Check it out and make a big blog post, so that more person participate!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez