Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You are still MY NUMBER 1.


Yes, I am so upset by this major upset in the US Open last Monday. I stayed up from 4AM to 8AM knowing that my love, Roger Federer would win in the Finals and do a 6-peat. Unfortunately, during the 3rd set I sort of had a feeling that he's losing his momentum and he was definitely annoyed with del Potro's late challenges. It was like the first time I saw him like that. He was saying the "F" and the "S" word although he says it "calmly", the irritation was very obvious. Sigh. I was really hoping he'd win. This del Potro guy surely is making his way to the Grand Slams. I won't deny that he did play good. He may have had his "tantrums" during the match but he was good. BUT I still believe Federer could have won then. It was a close match after all.

So yes, that's why I only posted about the US Open Finals just now. I am still stunned. If it's the other way around, I would have updated this blog like I do with Twitter. LOL.

YOU ARE STILL MY NUMBER 1.
photo from: Emmanuel Dunand/AFP/Getty Images
World Number One, my favorite, Roger Federer holding up his 2nd place plaque for the US Open.

He will regain his championship in the US Open next year. He better! ;) In the meantime, he still has time to practice his game in the next tournaments in time for the next grand slam event, the Australian Open '10. Woot woot!

3 comments on "You are still MY NUMBER 1."

Maria @ Conversations with Moms on September 17, 2009 at 5:08 AM said...

The first person I thought of when he lost was you. I was sure you'd be a little disappointed.

Like you said, "he's still no. 1".

Mara on September 17, 2009 at 6:53 PM said...

Aww. I slept on the floor after the match. That was how disappointed I was. The moment the score hit 5-2, I was already on the floor my eyes half closed and when del Potro and Fed shook hands, I turned the TV off and slept.

But yes, he's still number one so it's still good! Like they say, give chance to others :)

Metz on September 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

Hi Dear,

wow I finally found time to browse today after having such a busy work schedule. I can't wait to read what I have missed here :) Hope things are well and that it keeps on getting better :)

Metz
http://emptystreets27.blogspot.com
http://1027mc.blogspot.com
http://metzsecret.blogspot.com
http://bpo27.blogspot.com

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez