Sunday, September 20, 2009

I had a crazy Saturday night.



Last night was my good friend, Cathy's birthday celebration just a few blocks away from my house. I wasn't supposed to attend since I only got a P100 with me and I wasn't in the mood to socialize with my friends who are all employed and working (and who I also haven't seen for so long). I thought it would just make me feel a whole lot depressed about my situation.
When the birthday celebrant called and asked me to come over because she's all alone, I said "Okay. I'll be there in an hour, I'll walk.". I wished I really did walk instead of taking a cab. I was just in the middle of my place and my friend's when my cab driver started honking because the car in front almost hit the bumper of the cab. I guess the driver was in reverse or something, or the car was manual/stick. Worried, the cab driver tried to talk to the driver of the car (we were on a stop) and then the driver got out and started shouting and before the driver and I knew it, she left her car and ran to the nearest police station!

Freaky!

The police had to take our statements and blah and I had to call my friend to pick me up because it seemed the police wouldn't let me go anytime soon. After an hour at the police station, my friend and I finally left and went to her hotel room for dinner. FINALLY! I lost my appetite though. It wasn't until more than an hour later, around 10PM that I was able to start eating and drinking again. When 12 midnight struck and it was officially Cathy's birthday, I already consumed 6 glasses of Vodka, 2 slices of Pepperoni pizza, 1 Chicken wing, 1 slice of cake and half a box of Mojos and dip and the celebration was still on-going with shots of tequila, another glass of Alize and another glass of vodka, I was down in the bed for 15 minutes before finally heading home at 2:30AM. I had a goodnight's sleep by the way. :)

I woke up to a very slow and lazy Sunday afternoon. I had late lunch, checked my Facebook and Twitter and watched college basketball and before I knew it, it's already nightfall. I am currently YM-ing with Riel for my new template and we're tinkering with it as I'm typing this so please bear with me if my ads and EC are not yet up. My page elements won't re-arrange and I have to manually add the gadgets in order. *sigh*

Hopefully I will be done in a few hours. Let me know what you think of it. Should I change the black to its original blue color?

5 comments on "I had a crazy Saturday night."

Vera on September 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

I love the new look, I'd say keep it black :)

bingkee on September 22, 2009 at 3:26 AM said...

I like the new look Mara. The only thing I 'm complaining about ---the background is too dark for the font. Or the font is too dark for the dark background. I have a hard time reading. I recommend using white fonts instead against a black background.

Maria @ Conversations with Moms on September 22, 2009 at 4:58 AM said...

Absolutely love the new look. When I got on your site, a smile appeared on my face. I love the colors too.

Isis@Pinaybackpacker on September 23, 2009 at 12:35 AM said...

I'm a lil confused. Vera and Bingkee says the background is black but that's not what I see.

According to my screen the background is white and the other colors are blue and pink. And I like it very much.

Blue is very cool to the eyes and it brings calm. The pink adds bubbliness (hehe)to the whole look. ;D

I'm glad you've cheered up.

MommaWannabe on September 23, 2009 at 8:41 PM said...

It looks really nice Mara! Look very professional!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez