Saturday, March 28, 2009

Please VOTE EARTH.



I am no major environmentalist/activist or whatever profession/vocation you call it but I love and care for the environment, our planet. There are many ways that we can help preserve this planet that we are all living in. They may not necessarily be in expensive ways or big things but if we put together our own little ways, it would make a huge difference. 

Here are some of the things we practice here at home:

1. Turn off the A/C, Fan, TV and other electrical devices every time they're not in use---unplug the cords too.

2. Turn off unnecessary lights.

3. Use reusable/recyclable stuff instead of plastics (e.g. grocery bags)

4. Conserve water. Don't let the water run when you're brushing your teeth or when you're shampooing in the shower, you get the point. Conserve conserve conserve.

5. Do not throw litters on the street. Don't throw candy wrappers, chips bag, soda cans, empty water bottles or even worse, your entire household garbage on the sidewalks/streets. Dump them in the nearest trash bin or if there's none available, keep them in your pockets or bags until you find a proper place you can dispose them off.

6. Segregate your garbage.

7. Do not burn plastics.

Basically it's just REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLE. The very important 3 R's. With these R's in mind, practicing earth-friendly "chores" would be easy.

So please everyone, let us support and VOTE EARTH later tonight at 8:30PM-9:30PM. It is just an hour of sacrifice and our contribution into helping save our Earth.

For more info about VOTE EARTH please visit their website.

2 comments on "Please VOTE EARTH."

FluxApex on March 30, 2009 at 5:42 AM said...

I think I would care more about the earth if I didn't worry so much about all the strving people that sleep in my alleyway or all the hungry children walking the streets outside. I only have some much heart to give and the earth is the last thing on my mind right now, although it is somewhere back there.

Life Moto on March 31, 2009 at 1:59 AM said...

This is one of the best campaigns made for our mother earth. At least an hour.
That is why I took an hour roaming around with my bike. By shutting down my pc and electricity in my bedroom. cause I rent a room only. Cheers!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez