Sunday, March 15, 2009

I almost used my Apple Care.



I didn't get much sleep last night and by that I don't mean a few hours of sleep, I slept for a good 5-6 hours but not in a good manner. I dozed off 6 AM today and woke up at 12 something in the noon. I guess what I'm trying to say is I didn't get GOOD sleeping habits and it goes without saying that I am a little grumpy in the mornings.

When I opened my eyes I was still too hung up to even sit up but heck I have to. Facebook chat keeps beeping and I have to get up and so I did. I decided to multi-task a little and burn some of my files onto a blank DVD disc while chatting. Everything was going smoothly until an error message popped up and says "Disc drive communication error" or something like that and the CD automatically got ejected. Persistent as I am and thinking it was nothing serious, I inserted the disc back and voila! The drive didn't recognize it and I doubt it was reading it cos the drive was just quiet. I quickly pressed eject with no luck. I tried restarting and shutting down but still, it won't budge.

I calmed down a little when I realized I still have until April on my Apple Care. They can fix it or totally replace the whole unit, either way it's free so okay. But I can't really stop thinking about the stuck CD so I asked for help at a forum for Mac users which I am a member of: PHILMUG. I was not disappointed. I found some what-to-do-in-cases-like-this suggestions and it worked! I was so happy that I shouted. At least I'm saved from the hassle of going out just to have my laptop fixed. And then again, April's right around the corner and I haven't touched my warranty. I just pray that I won't be having problems exactly on the day after it expires and I'm all good.

Btw, for those Mac users (old, new and switchers) who have questions about your Apple products like iPod, iMac, Macbook, etc. You could go visit PHILMUG. It's an online forum about practically anything Apple and Mac related from softwares, hardwares, accessories, etc. The members are really welcoming and everyone would try to help you with your concern. What's even better is that the forum doesn't just talk about Apple products, there are also threads about a few other brands/labels like Blackberry, non-Apple accessories and then there's food, movie, music and everything else off topic. So okay, just a little plugging here. Let me know if any one of you guys checked it out. :)

4 comments on "I almost used my Apple Care."

l a c e . on March 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM said...

haha me too. i love philmug. taught me everything there is to know about macs. =)

Mara on March 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM said...

LACE: hahaha yeah, that's why I love philmug too! :) I learned a lot!

Anonymous said...

Mara. thanks for the link. I went from Windows to an iMac a couple of years ago after testing out a G3. I love my Mac! Then we bought an iPod followed by an iTouch. I'm hooked on Mac so will definitely be checking out that site.

Mara on March 19, 2009 at 1:25 PM said...

MOM'S: You're welcome. :) That forum really is a big help!

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez