Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon Movie.


I was lucky enough to buy tickets of New Moon 1 week in advance for the first day screening. I wasn't too excited but I was definitely looking forward to watching it.

So yesterday, my 2 cousins and I were set to meet up at the mall an hour before the screening time. There were a lot of teenagers, young kids with their Moms and couples lobbying outside the movie house and lined up at the entrance. I suddenly felt a bit excited to see Robert Pattinson again.

The movie house was FULL. No seats vacant.

...

...

...

The End.

I wasn't too happy with the movie. I wasn't even close to being satisfied. It was okay. The Twilight movie, the first one, was way better than New Moon and I was even disappointed with it. Yeah. I'm such a spoiler. Not that I regret watching it or anything but my favorite conversation of Edward and Bella in the book was not included in the movie and it was to die for! Grr. I also think that the movie was kind of hurried or rushed or.... okay, a little (just a little) mediocre for my taste. I ended up listening to my audiobook version and reading the book before going to bed last night. I just had to feel that feeling I felt when I first read it. Sigh.

You guys should see it for yourselves though. Maybe it will appeal to some of you. :) I know some who were happy with the movie. I guess it's not really good when you have read the book and then you go see the movie. At least not in this case.

I give it a 5 out of 10. 5 all because of Edward. :)

2 comments on "New Moon Movie."

Maria @ Conversations with Moms on November 23, 2009 at 1:32 AM said...

I know the feeling. I have yet to watch a movie where I've read the book first and enjoyed it. In every Harry Potter movie, I always get frustrated with at least one scene that was either done wrong or left out.

Luckily, I haven't read the Twilight series yet so I might actually enjoy the movie.

bingkee on November 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM said...

I really don't get it why people watch this movie. The 1st one, Twilight really sucked. I wanted to leave the moviehouse even before it ended and demand my money back. The storyline was clicheish, the plot was crappy, the acting was so terrible--I just could not stand it. Even my hubby and my family agree with me. What's with this movie that lures people to its crappiness?
I'm sorry that's my opinion.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez