Sunday, November 15, 2009

And he made history!


Once again, Manny Pacquiao proved that he is the best boxer there is in today's generation by winning against Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto in today's boxing match. I was hoping for a total KO in between 5th-8th rounds but stopping the match in the middle of the 12th round is as much as a victory already. Today, he made history by being the only boxer to have 7 titles to his name. Hurray!

photo: ElPasoTimes AP Photo/Jae C. Hong) (Jae C. Hong)

I gotta give it to Cotto, he was strong and he did win the first round. He fell down to his knees in 2 rounds but was able to stand up and last up to 12 rounds. The referee had to stop it cos Cotto was bleeding bad already. I personally think it should have been stopped as early as the 10th round.

It was also cool reading several Hollywood celebs tweeting about watching Pacquiao vs. Cotto match and rooting for our main man. Here are some that I saw earlier:





I am starting to love Joel Madden :) He's pretty cool. And I saw So there, today was spent watching Pacquiao, talking about Pacquiao, Facebook-ing about Pacquiao, Tweeting about Pacquiao and blogging about Pacquiao. It's not like I'm going to receive any shopping money from him for all the cheers and intense anxiety that I felt earlier but it's a pride moment for all Filipinos. I am not a huge fan of boxing, no. But when it's Pacquiao, Filipino spirits soar high!

Congratulations, Manny Pacquiao!


0 comments on "And he made history!"

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez