Saturday, August 1, 2009

R.I.P. Ex-President Cory Aquino 1933-2009


I woke up with the news that our country's first female president Corazon Cojuangco Aquino already passed away early this morning at 3:18 AM. She was fighting colon cancer for about a year and she had in the hospital recently for a month. The cancer cells already spread into her other organs and earlier, she died of cardio respiratory arrest.

Former Philippine president Corazon Aquino in her earlier years as president.
photo c/o: Yahoo! Images

I am still at a loss for words regarding her passing away although every time I see her on the news, I always make a comment on how it will be any moment now that she will be gone because I remember my Dad's condition before. He was rushed to the hospital, diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, got discharged, went home almost as strong as ever and then after a few months his body quickly weakened and then he was gone. It was a little similar with Cory although as ironic, she and her family were still lucky that they were able to spend much longer time with each other after finding out about her illness.

This just goes to show that time flies and our life could end in just a blink of an eye and with just a snap of a finger. 

My condolences to the family and friends of the former president.

2 comments on "R.I.P. Ex-President Cory Aquino 1933-2009"

pehpot on August 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM said...

Hello there!

Kindly update your listings/blog rolls/ link list/ blog directories..
pehpot.blogspot.com is now GOSSIP MOM

MAKE OR BREAK
now have its own domain:www.pehpot.com

PLease update your listings and add or change the said blogs.. rest assured that your link/ blog is listed on both blogs..

Thanks a lot and have a great week ahead of you!

Make or Break

Zee on August 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM said...

Hi! Passing by to drop some EC... I'd like to invite you to add your link to my post for a yellow ribbon for Cory.

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez