Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Frustrations: Job Hunt & Money Matters.


ConversationsWithMoms:Every day Conversations with a Mom Blog

If you've been following me here, you know how frustrated I already am to find a job. I started applying January 1, 2009. I sent out my CV to A LOT of companies since then. I had several interviews-slash-exams but that's just about it. I stopped applying and decided to let my applications sink in first. Then I started applying again. Just this week I had one exam in a bank and 2 interviews in the same company. I wasn't qualified to take the initial interview after my exam and the result of the 2 interviews I had in one company is still "pending". I am seriously seriously tired of having to apply and looking forward for calls and getting interviews and then not hearing from them again. Maybe it's because I've been spending a lot when I go to interviews. I pay for the transportation, food, printing out of my CV, etc. And you guys know how tight my budget is right now! Ugh. It's just frustrating.

Speaking of budget, another thing that's getting me all worked up is my pending payment in one review site that I joined sometime last year. Since our country got banned there and it's now renamed and owned by a new company, they've been sending out pending payments to their members. But my almost $80 is still with them. I've been e-mailing them for months now, some members who they owed less than $10, even less than $5 have already been paid. I am in desperate need of any amount that I have pending online. Seriously. Right now they are my only source of income, if I could call it at least that.

So yeah, I hope they pay up and I get to receive it by first week of September! I could pay my debt to my brother and pay my phone bill with that amount. After that, I'd have no worries and I'll start from scratch again without thinking about debts and just worry and "work" for my own use.

Please! Please! Please!

4 comments on "Friday Frustrations: Job Hunt & Money Matters."

Rebecca on August 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM said...

Hang in there! Sometimes it takes a lot of tests for us to find our own strengths!

Maria@Conversations with Moms on August 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM said...

I hope you find a job before you know it. Don't give up, it'll come probably when your not expecting.

Femmepower on August 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM said...

Sorry to that,Mara.Just keep looking. Have you tried going to Job Fairs or using Jobstreet and Mytrabaho.com?

Pinaybackpacker on September 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM said...

I understand how that feels I've been in the same boat before.

Sometimes, these things take time. So, hang in there, girl.

Some tips while you "wait" :
1. Be grateful for every opportunity that comes along the way, no matter how small it is. Having a grateful attitude will help you to tap into the BEST that the universe has to offer.
2. Pray a lot. And lift it all up to Him.
3. Develop some new skill/s. This might give you more confidence to go for jobs that you haven't even considered pursuing before.

Hope that helps.;D

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez