Thursday, August 6, 2009

Who's your proof-reader?


Sorry the photo is kind of blurry. But look closely and it read:
"With utmost care. Military honor guard carefully moves the coffin of President Arroyo out of the Manila Cathedral."

I saw this photo of today's newspaper (Manila Bulletin) on my friend's wall in Facebook. Seriously? President Arroyo? It was supposed to be AQUINO NOT ARROYO. I know it's not funny but these media reporters and writers keep on saying Arroyo instead of Aquino. There's this male reporter who keep on repeating "the late President Arroyo..uh.. Aquino..". At first it made me laugh but then almost all media (even local news websites!) have this "typo error". Intentional? Not? I hope they correct this. I know many (if not most) Filipinos don't like President Arroyo but still... this is just not good. Or funny.

What do you guys think?

On a lighter note, I would like to invite everyone to visit my new blog Mara's Appetite if you haven't yet. Thank you!

4 comments on "Who's your proof-reader?"

Make Money Malaysia on August 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM said...

And the media is suppose to be factual

Zee on August 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM said...

Geesh! I saw this too! And it's a widely circulated newspaper! Even some parts of US have them shipped too. So this is quite embarrassing. ;-(

femmepower on August 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM said...

I learned this from my husband. Yeah, it's embarrassing. At first it made me laugh but with the series of mistakes and now in print, it's not funny anymore.

prettyfirefly on August 10, 2009 at 4:31 AM said...

Maybe just maybe they want Arroyo dead instead of the beloved late ex president Aquino. It could be a metaphor or something to that effect. LOL! you might it interested to get a Cory badge please visit this link http://prettyfirefly.com/?p=4294

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez