Saturday, February 28, 2009

I don't know what to do with my life.



Depression sucks.
Sadness sucks.
Indecisiveness sucks.
Problems suck.
Crisis sucks.
Illness sucks.
Confusion sucks.
Unemployment sucks.

Some things that make me smile or at least help me get through each day:

1. Watching my favorite series.
2. Checking my Facebook.
3. Playing poker and chatting with a friend I met there--Tony.
3. Receiving text messages from friends.
4. Eating and sleeping or not sleeping at all.

And that's just it. How sad can my life get? Not that I want it to be worst than it already is but really, I think back and realize how sad my life is. I am so undecided whether or not to take the job that is not that bad at all since it's under my interest. I would love to get a job but I'm still undecided. I'm confused on why I'm still undecided. It's like I don't know what to do and what I want in life. I just see myself with my own family: husband and kids at home. A full-time housewife. It's not that big a dream but it's what I see myself doing. I want to work but I'm not sure what the right job is for me. I don't want to work cos I feel I'm just going to quit after a month or two. I don't want to work but I have to have my own income. I want to work because if I don't then my degree would just go to waste. 

I think I need to write down the Pro's and Con's but whichever has the most reasons, I still need to work at this point in my life. I just need some pep talk or something.


5 comments on "I don't know what to do with my life."

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I agree with the ____sucks..

I guess i can relate to you since when I was your age, I always feel down in the dumps.. indecisive and no goals. Boyfriend always had to give me peptalks.

I seldom get depressed now because of my daughter. It's like a new world has opened up for me, decided for me and slapped me on my face saying, "Hey! You are now a mother. Grow up and be responsible!"

I'm not saying that being a mother is the solution. My point is that being one taught me a lot.

What you said about your dream of being a housewife - with a husband and kids is (I guess) the dream of any of us (even careerwomen).

I procrastinate a lot and I used to spend more than I earn, but I have learned through the years... and that includes my work experience.

You know what, my father studied electrical engineering and worked as an Electrician for more than 20 years. He wanted to be a doctor too, so he's home studying at the age 60!

what you have studied in school will always be there with you if you'll use it. So, if you don't want to lose it, USE IT! I have studied Computer Science for a year and Caregiving for a short 3 months, but I'm using what I've learned from those "short courses". The "skills" I've acquired through the years (although I didn't go to any formal college) led me to where I am. lol.. told you it's not much. hehe

There will come a time that we need to search deep in our souls what we really want in life... Oh, by the way, have you watched the movie, YES MAN by Jim Carey? better watch it! It will help you a lot.

Bill on February 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM said...

Hey Mara wazzzup? Its the weekend time to go and have fun. Your a very intelligent lady. Have a great weekend. :-)

l a c e . on February 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM said...

hi mara!

dont be sad!ur not alone!haha ako rin nahihilo kung ano ba gusto ko talaga gawin sa buhay. hay! one day malalaman din natin yan,just be patient.haha in the meantime, find other productive things to do and find time to get to know yourself more =) ingat!

lace.

Bill on March 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM said...

Hi Mara i have something for you at my site. Swing by when you can. See ya

BC LÉTOURNEAU on March 3, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

interesting

any friends in restaurant industry ?

bc
www.freedomandsport.blogspot.com
www.managementpartners.blogspot.com

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez