Monday, February 2, 2009

Australian Open 2009


This is one of the biggest reason why I haven't been on for a while. I have been pre-occupied with watching tennis that I barely go online except to check Jobstreet, my mail and my Facebook account.

I was rooting and cheering for Roger Federer, the number 2 seed, to win the AO and although I admit that Rafael Nadal, the number 1 seed, is really good I still had my hopes for Roger to be the World's number 1 again. Unfortunately though, after 5 sets Rafael Nadal won with 7-5, 3-6, 7-6, 3-6, 6-2. It was a good match they've played but it's just too bad Roger lost. I really thought he'll be able to pull it off like the match he had with Tomas Berdych during the Round 4 of the tournament. Berdych had the first 2 sets in his advantage but third-fifth sets were Federer's. That match made so exhausted and tensed while watching.

Up next would be the Roland Garros and even though my brother is for Federer too, he said he'll have more of a hard time winning there but he's still my bet. Roger all the way!

On a related topic, while watching the tournament I saw some pretty promising players. And by promising I mean both good-looking and great-players-that-need-a-little-more-practice guys. One of them is Gilles Simon, world's number 6 seed. Right on top of Andy Roddick. Anyway, Gilles Simon made it to the quarterfinals of the tournament against Nadal. Obviously, he lost the match. Still, he became one of my new eye-candies. 

Here's a picture of him I got over the internet. Oh, how I love the world wide web! ;)

Gilles Simon [6]

He looks oh so.......hmmmm...especially when he plays. I hope to see more of him in the next tournaments: Roland Garros, US Open and Wimbledon. He looks really promising and I bet he could still improve especially his temper. So, enough tennis talk for me already. I've been to glued to it for 14 days already.

I am now going to concentrate on my personal health and with that being said, I'll be going to bed already cos I have to wake up at 4:30 AM and go jogging. :) I have several things planned for tomorrow. For now, sleep is essential. I'll update you again guys on how my past days have been while I was "absent" here. One at a time. One at a time. I still have a lot of catching up to do. :)

So, I'll see you all again tomorrow!!

By the way, if you want to see more news about the Australian Open 2009 you can visit their site at by clicking HERE. It's the official website so you can get to read the list of players and their rankings, previous matches and scores and several AO news.

photo c/o:
http://www.tennis.com

6 comments on "Australian Open 2009"

Ranran on February 3, 2009 at 2:39 PM said...

Maraness!

Do you still want the Copy Editor position? ;-)

and by the way, the player looks good. hihi..

Anonymous said...

Gosh, the whole Australia watched this match. I cried when Roger Federer cried. I hate the feeling that he lost and Nadal broke his dream of being a victor and breaking the record.

Anonymous said...

boyfriend's grandAunt loves Tennis! She'll sit in front of the tube and wait for her idol, Roger Federrer. We cannot disturb her when he's on, esp if his opponent is Nadal. ^^ v

I like Tennis, too. But I'm not really a fan of those guys.

Anonymous said...

it was one of the worst Aussie Opens i've witnessed...

while as a roddick fan i should hate r.fed for beating him, i too was rooting for him. roger vs rafa, i choose roger anytime. but roger's date with destiny wasn't meant to be... not yet anyway =]

but the pinoy aussie open boys' doubles champ made all the misery go away =]

Anonymous said...

we watched the finals during my friend's birthday party in Baguio... one lady friend of mine cried a bucket when Roger F lost the game. she didn't even eat her dinner.

i was also rooting for Federrer but the night was for Nadal.he won it fair and square. i just hope that time is not catching up with Federrer yet.

Monetize Your Blog on April 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM said...

That was another classic match betweed rafa and roger. Hopefully they meet again in the slams soon. :)

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez