Sunday, December 27, 2009

Movie: I Love You, Goodbye.


Christmas day here in the Philippines also means that Metro Manila Film Festival is on and that only Filipino movies (particularly those who are entries of MMFF) are being shown in the theaters for about 2 weeks.

I don't look forward to the MMFF except when Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo had their movies but I do watch at least one movie during the course of the festival. I cannot believe Shake, Rattle and Roll is still alive and that I always watch it. :| Moving on, the only promising movies for me in this year's MMFF d Mano Po 6 and I Love You, Goodbye.

Mano Po 6 because there's Megastar Sharon Cuneta, Zsa Zsa Padilla, etc. and previous Mano Po's have proven their award-winning "skills" but even though I think it'll be this year's Numero Uno in the box-office I don't think I will watch it in the theaters. No. Come on, how many Mano Po's are there? 100?!

And then there's Star Cinema's entry: I Love You, Goodbye and the great story and wonderful actors (except for Kim Chiu). I watched it yesterday with my BFF at Shangri-La. Uhm, yeah... my BFF made fun of me the entire time because 1. my BFF is a dude 2. hence, he does not watch Filipino movies especially MMFF entries and 3. he had no idea that ILYG is a Tagalog movie when I told him the day before that we should watch it, he was surprised when he asked me 4 hours before the screening time and I told him YES. So he had no choice but to watch it with me. :)

I think the movie was good however, there were some scenes and dialogues that are... bad. Not bad that it's gross or anything in that category but bad that's could have been better, bad because I don't like Kim Chiu's portrayal, her voice and the way she talks and oh, Gabby Concepcion's acting is seriously not my type. You guys better watch it and let me know what you think about the movie and the actors.

Overall, I Love You, Goodbye is a good watch because of the story and because of Angelica Panganiban and Derek Ramsey. :)

3 comments on "Movie: I Love You, Goodbye."

Maria @ Conversations with Moms on January 2, 2010 at 11:52 AM said...

Hey Mara,

I haven't been able to visit my blogging friends for a while because December was insanely busy for me.

Hopefully, I'm back (at least more often).

I wanted to wish you a very Healthy and Happy New Year. I hope all your goals come to fruition.

I wanted you to know that I also mentioned you on my blog today, thanking you for being one of my top commentators for 2010.

redamethyst on January 4, 2010 at 12:53 PM said...

hello!
happy new year!
I want to watch I love you, goodbye just because of angelica and derek. ^_^
hope to watch it this week together with my mom

Anonymous said...

excuse you?! kim chiu did a good job in this movie... it's just that the story is not that good for her but she still done a very good act. it's angelica whom i think has a f-ing ugly act

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez