Friday, March 26, 2010

Which Broadband to choose?


*suggestions are needed!

My WiFi router here at home has been unusable for almost a month now, so my brother and I take turns in using the direct ethernet cable from his desktop to my laptop. So far, no conflict of schedule has occurred. He's in school mornings to afternoons and I try finishing work by then.
What I'm thinking of right now is that he will be on summer break in a month, meaning: he'll spend the entire day online in front of his computer with only a few hours of sleep. It's okay for me if only I have no work to do.

Now, I'm considering buying a broadband usb for me to use in case of emergency but I don't know which one I'll go for. I just need something to use to connect to the internet so I can check my mail, submit my work and probably do research (work related). I heard Smart Bro Broadband and Sun Broadband are pretty good networks to choose from. I am a loyal Globe subscriber for a decade now but their Globe Tattoo Broadband has been getting a lot (what I meant is mostly/all) of negative feedback from its subscribers, so I'm scratching it off my list. You know I love you, but sorry Globe! :(

Should I go for Smart?


Smart Bro 996 pesos

Or for Sun?


Sun Broadband 1895 pesos

They have similar "specs" like 10 pesos for every 30 minutes and speed of up to 2Mbps.

I want to hear from those who are using prepaid broadband.


Thanks in advance!

If it matters, I live in Mandaluyong. :)

2 comments on "Which Broadband to choose?"

bambie on March 27, 2010 at 6:25 PM said...

Although we have wireless broadband connection at home, I still bought Smart Bro prepaid for when I'm out. Their service is great, connections is fast. But because it was prepaid, I spent way too much money on prepaid load. That's why I had to switch to Sun because they offered postpaid plans. Connection speed-wise, I'd still vouch for Smart though.

fedhz on March 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM said...

funny nga eh, we're surrounded daw with Sun Networks dito sa Shaw, pero according to our "neighbors" ang hirap kumonek sa Sun. in any case, mahirap din naman kumonek sa Globe. Smart din. I think you'd better buy a router na lang, magandang investment pa un. kase ung pa-sampu sampu kada 30 minutes na di ka naman sure kung kokonek ka kagad. dava

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez