Monday, November 14, 2011

The Swiss Maestro's First Paris-Bercy Title!


If you have been following my blog since the start, you would know that I am an avid fan of tennis and my all-time favorite player is the Swiss maestro, Roger Federer.

After the 4 Grand Slams which caused me heartbreak seeing him lose each time, I didn't lose hope that he'd be back with grace and win some more titles. I wasn't wrong.

Even though he slipped down 1 notch in the World Rankings, I believe this year hasn't been all that bad for the former World No.1, current World No. 4 and 16 Grand Slam winner.


Roger Federer...
- won his 800th career win which makes him the 7th player to earn it
- won his first ever Paris-Bercy title
- won his 18th Masters title, now 1 win away from the current top on the list, Rafael Nadal
- won his 69th title

Not bad, eh?

Your fans are so happy and so proud of this win, Roger!!!

After the BNP Paribas Masters is the World Tour Finals in London next week.
Looking forward to it!!

2 comments on "The Swiss Maestro's First Paris-Bercy Title!"

sir rob on November 16, 2011 at 3:06 AM said...

Is it the 800 or 802 already?

And one more thing that you miss, his the 2nd player to win Roland Garros and Bercy.

Mara on November 16, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

Hi sir rob,

Yes, he won his 802 win during the finals. The 800th that I was referring was just the milestone where he became the 7th player to earn that much career wins :)

 

Mara's Personal Bubble. Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez